Friday, February 24, 2017

Lent #beyondnochocolate

It is Friday and I have been sick all week.  I am finally feeling human again.  And I see all the things that have fallen through the cracks while I was in my flu-haze.  My floors are dirty, my desk is cluttered, my boys need hair cuts, my daughter has no clean socks (she hasn't for two days) and the trash is starting to smell.   But I was sick!  I have an excuse, but it is time to begin the act of catching up.

And you know Wednesday is Ash Wednesday?  I haven't thought much about what I should do.  Does it matter?  Sure it does!  It really does matter!  My new years resolution was to be cleaner.  Cleaner house, cleaner food and cleaner relationships.  The food and house part makes sense, I am sure.  By a cleaner relationship I mean to have honest, real relationships.  This is the perfect time to work a little harder on the relationship part.  Because that is what Lent is all about.  If you think it is about cutting out soda or sugar so your pants fit better, you are missing the point.  The point is to take out the distractions that keep us from our conversations with God.  Or add something in that brings your closer to Him.

This weekend I will think more on this as I clean my house and do loads and loads of laundry, after I take my boys for hair cuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment